StoryTrails Privacy Notice
Royal Holloway, University of London (“Royal Holloway”) and The National Film and Television School (“NFTS”), acting together as “StoryFutures”
This privacy notice explains how the National Film and Television School (“NFTS”), Royal Holloway, University of London (“Royal Holloway”) (“we”, “our”) handles and uses the personal data we collect and that you provide about our past, current and future supporters, whether participants or contributors. NFTS and RHUL are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and to meeting our obligations under data-protection law. By ‘participants’ we mean those expressing an interest in, or attending one of events or calls for co-production funding. By ‘Contributors’ we mean those people, for instance, being interviewed, loaning us projects, licensing personal archive or letting us use their facilities.
We, The National School of Film and Television, Beaconsfield Studios, Station Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1LG, 01494 671234, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, TW20 0EX, telephone number 01784 434455 are the data controllers for personal data relating to you that we process.
How do we collect your information?
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
- the personal data supplied by you via a Google Form, our www.testxr.org service, and/or our surveys administered by StoryFutures staff and partners at one of our events
- when you communicate with us by telephone or email.
- from third parties, for example from colleagues or other organisations with whom you have engaged who may provide a reference about you.
- From our StoryTrails Mobile App, the terms of which are set out at https://story-trails.com/legal , for the purpose of delivering the augmented reality experience.
What personal data about you might we hold?
Information held about you may include:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your company name.
- your national insurance number (or other tax identification number)
- your image, voice, photos of yourself or other information that identifies you
- Special Category personal data including:
- your gender – if supplied by yourself
- your ethnic background – if supplied by yourself
- information concerning your health (e.g. dietary, disabilities) – if supplied by yourself
Why do we process your personal data?
We only process your personal data for specified purposes and if it is justified in accordance with data-protection law. The table below lists the various purposes for which we process personal data and the corresponding justification for it.
|To inform you about future opportunities and developments surrounding the StoryFutures project and StoryFutures R&D programme.||Your consent.|
|To analyse interest in StoryFutures programmes.||Our legitimate interest in assessing interest in our projects and programmes.|
|To send you StoryFutures newsletters.||Our legitimate interest in publicising StoryFutures Academy. We will only send you electronic marketing with your consent and each of our newsletters will give you the option to unsubscribe.|
|Tracking, monitoring and evaluation of project activity or outcomes.||Our legitimate interest in analysing programme activities, and reporting to our funders.|
|The performance of the contract and relationship between you and us, including making payments, contacting you or your agent about the engagement and other purposes for the exploitation of your contribution.||Your consent|
Who can access your personal data?
NFTS, Royal Holloway and internal StoryFutures teams who administer this project and our partners in the StoryFutures R&D programme will be able to access your personal data. For the purposes referred to in this privacy notice and relying on the bases for processing as set out above, we may share your personal data with certain third parties, but never for marketing purposes. Other recipients may include:
- Our employees, agents, contractors or partner organisations where there is a legitimate reason for their receiving the information including: third parties who are contracted to provide IT and payroll services for us, or the sharing of relevant application details with our partner organisations and external judging panels
- Internal and external auditors
We use Google Forms, SurveyMonkey, TestXR.org and Submittable to collect your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will normally keep your data which you have supplied to us for the purposes of expressing your interest in StoryFutures for the duration of the StoryFutures and StoryFutures projects, which we expect to last for 5 years.
If you go on to take part in a StoryFutures y project, we will continue to retain your personal data for the purposes of facilitating your participation in the project, informing you of opportunities and activities, and for analysis and evaluation of StoryFutures for up to ten years.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data processed by us:
- to gain access to your personal data;
- to rectify inaccuracies or where appropriate, given the purposes for which your data is processed, the right to have incomplete data completed;
- to have your personal data erased. This is a limited right which applies, among other circumstances, when the data is no longer required or the processing has no legal justification. There are exceptions to this right, such as when the processing is required by law or in the public interest;
- to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. If you ask us to delete your personal data, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data comprising very brief information to ensure that we do not inadvertently contact you in future;
- to object to the processing of your personal data when such processing is based on the public interest or other legitimate interests, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue with the processing;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data. This is a limited right which will apply in specific circumstances and for a limited period;
- to ask for the transfer of your data electronically to a third party; and
- where the legal basis for us processing your personal data is your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time.
You may exercise your rights against each of NFTS,= and Royal Holloway.
Exercising your rights, queries and complaints
For more information on your rights, if you wish to exercise any right or for any queries or complaints you may have, please contact a Data Protection Officer:
Royal Holloway’s Data Protection Officer: Data Protection Officer FE029 – Founders East, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, TW20 0EX, +44 (0)1784 414477
NFTS’s Data Protection Officer: Data Protection Officer, NFTS, Beaconsfield Studios, Station Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1LG
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about the way in which we process your personal data. You can make a complaint on the ICO’s website https://ico.org.uk/.
Revisions to this privacy notice
We may revise this privacy notice at any time in response to changes in the law or other factors. We encourage you to periodically visit our website to review the most current notice, or obtain a copy by contacting us directly.